Your go-to IELTS test day checklist!
Got your IELTS test coming up? Take a look at our IELTS test day checklist so you know what to take and don’t forget anything on the day!
Read the IELTS test terms & conditions
which can be found in your application form.
You can also familiarise yourself with the refund and cancellation policy here.
Plan your journey
Plan your journey to the test centre a week in advance. Check for any planned road closures, train works or anything that could disrupt your journey.
Find your identification
Make sure you have the right identification to take with you on your test day.
What to bring with you on test day?
- A pen, pencil and eraser (if you are doing the paper-based test).
- A water bottle which is free of labels or any words printed on it.
- Proof of ID: The ID that your registration was accepted with.
- You may bring a transparent water bottle into the test room.
- A pair of glasses if needed. The case will not be allowed in the room with you.
- If advised by your test centre, you may need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and your own mask/s.
*Anything else you bring that is not listed above will be stored in a separate room.
Make sure you have eaten before your test. You cannot bring food into the test room.
Be prepared for the test duration; it takes 2 hours and 40 minutes with no breaks.
You may not be able to take your IELTS test if you are late.
Be ready to prove your identity
IELTS staff will take a photograph of you on the day to be used in your results form.
Turn your phone off
Make sure your electronic devices are turned off and kept outside of the test room.
Share this infographic on your site
Add this infographic to your website for free! Simply use the snippet of code below to share the graphic for your go-to IELTS test day checklist.
Please include attribution to ielts.ca with this graphic.
<div><a href="https://www.ielts.ca/"><img src="https://www.ielts.ca/ielts_checklist_share_graphic.jpg" alt="Your go-to IELTS test day checklist" border="0" style="width: 100%; max-width:1000px; height: auto;" /></a></div>