Are you ready to achieve your professional and academic goals? In this fast-paced world, where every second counts, you should not leave your success to chance. Get to know the compelling reasons why enrolling in an IELTS preparation course could be the key to unlocking your full potential.
We invite you to follow a pathway to understanding, conquering, and excelling in one of the world’s most recognized English language proficiency exams.
Why is it worth taking an IELTS preparation course?
An IELTS preparation course will help you to earn the best score you can since it provides the tools, techniques, and guidance that you need. Here are some reasons to consider:
- IELTS has a specific format for each section (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking), so you will get familiarized with the structure, know what to expect on the test day, and how to answer correctly.
- Given that it is a timed test, effective time management is crucial. You can learn strategies to tackle each section within the allocated time, minimizing the chances of leaving questions unanswered.
- It requires specific strategies for each part. For instance, in reading, there are techniques to quickly identify key information. In writing, you should plan your essay, either by brainstorming or creating an outline. For speaking, you can learn how to elaborate your point, include details, and create a more engaging response. Finally, for listening, you can focus on main keywords and synonyms, among others.
- You can receive feedback on your performance, which is invaluable to identify areas for improvement.
- Signing up for an IELTS preparation course adds a level of commitment. Knowing that you have a schedule and lessons can keep you motivated and disciplined in your preparation.
- Professional instructors have a deep understanding of the exam and its requirements. They can provide insights, answer your questions, and guide you in areas where you might be struggling.
- Due to your preparation, your confidence will boost on test day, which can have a positive impact on your performance.
British Council Courses
If you have already decided that taking an IELTS preparation course is your best option, we will tell you more about the ones available at the British Council.
IELTS Ready: Premium
- Provides online learning materials for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- There is a practice zone with questions like the ones that you will find on the day of the exam.
- You can access videos from previous test takers and get advice from their experience.
- There is an option to track your progress.
- You can establish learning targets and record your preparation with online planning and tracking tools.
- You will gain access to the score calculator and a countdown to your test date.
IELTS practice online and one-to-one tutoring
It consists of private online sessions with an experienced tutor so that you can have a more personal learning journey. The main advantage is that, by the side of your professor, you get to decide which subjects or abilities want to strengthen.
There are two IELTS preparation courses that you can take according to your needs and level:
- Rapid revision, which includes 5 sessions.
- Advanced study, which includes 20 sessions.
Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack
This is also an online course. It lasts 12 weeks, which are distributed to cover each section of the exam: 3 for Reading, 3 for Writing, 3 for Speaking, and 3 for Listening.
Besides improving several abilities, you will learn how to answer the exam in order to earn the needed score.
Tips on how to prepare for IELTS
Etiqueta p: If you prioritize your strategic preparation for the IELTS exam, it’s more likely you achieve a good score. Here are some tips:
- Take practice tests under actual conditions and time restrictions. It will help you to adapt to the specific pace of the exam. You will also get used to the types of questions and assess your score. You can find free online options regarding General Training and IELTS Academic.
- Don’t overcomplicate your answers, especially on the speaking part. The examiner wants to hear you communicate clearly and confidently, so remember to speak naturally and fluently.
- Revising grammar rules and proper punctuation is crucial. Small errors can still affect your score.
- Expand your vocabulary to include academic, formal, and descriptive language.
- Develop a specific approach for each section, such as:
- Skimming and scanning. techniques.
- Read a variety of texts (academic articles, newspapers, magazines, etc.). this will help you become comfortable with different writing styles and topics.
- Decide the main points you want to cover. This will help you organize your thoughts.
- Ensure a coherent essay structure with a clear introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
- Aim for a balanced argument or discussion, providing examples and evidence to support your points.
- Before each listening passage begins, quickly skim through the questions. This pre-reading helps you understand the context and anticipate the type of information you’ll need to listen for.
- Try to predict possible answers or keywords based on the question types (multiple-choice, completion, etc.), which will make it easier to identify the relevant information.
- Avoid giving short answers. Prefer responses that showcase your ability to express opinions, discuss ideas, and provide explanations.
Visit the IELTS Canada homepage to find out more
You are ready to go!
Now that you know why taking an IELTS preparation course is worth it, you can start to prepare for the exam. Don’t forget that in addition to all the above, you have other resources available that are useful for studying on your own, such as apps, webinars, among others.